MM Make N Bake Clay 400g - Beige
Mont Marte Make 'n' Bake Polymer Clay is an easy to use, malleable and non toxic synthetic clay that can be shaped then hardened in a standard household oven. It is ideal for use in press moulds, pattern making, figure and doll modelling, canes, beading, jewellery and many other sculptural projects. The clay is soft and smooth and colours blend easily, so that new vibrant, clean colours can be created. It will hold form and adheres easily to porous and non-porous substrates, allowing for use with a wide variety of armature materials. In its unbaked form, the clay is easily combined, facilitating smooth, seamless joins.
- Holds very fine detail
- Very good shape stability
- Minimal shrinkage when cured
- Easily blends with other colours
- Can be drilled, sanded and painted once cured
- Ensure working surface is free from dust and hands are clean. Prepare clay by kneading until it is smooth and pliable. The clay can also be shaped with tools or pressed into moulds. Once the work has been created. Place onto a foil sheet or ceramic tile and into the centre of a household oven, pre-heated to 120-130 degrees C (248-266 degrees F) for 30 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and let it cool. Baking time may vary according to thickness and as a general rule allow 30 mins baking time for every 6mm thickness. Note: It is advisable to bake a test piece before baking your artistic work.
- Hardened clay will accept consecutive layers of clay over it and can be re-baked. Once hardened, it can be drilled, sanded, cut and painted and is washable with soapy water. Store unused clay in a cool, dark place and keep wrapped in plastic in an airtight container.